A version of How I Met Your Mother’s famous ‘Sumbitch’ Cookies, combining Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Caramel! Soft, chewy, and totally addicting!
I talk about television somewhat frequently on this here blog. I kind of love it. My husband and I have a few shows that we love to watch together, How I met Your Mother being pretty close to the top of our list! Every episode makes us laugh pretty good.
My love for Barney will never end, and my annoyance with Robin is sure to last forever. Lily will always have a place in my heart and Marshall will always make me want to slap him…in a really ridiculous way. And Ted..well, I always seem to have mixed emotions about that one. He’s as hormonal as a girl and he’s all over the place…that’s pretty much how I feel about him.
Nevertheless, it’s one of my favorite sitcoms ever on television…aside from Two and Half Men (Charlie Sheen style), Big Bang Theory, and of course…Friends. We’re still catching up on the current season, but the SERIES finale is on Monday, and it’s a little bittersweet.
I know every good show has to end, and I am sure most people think it has run its course, but I looooove it. To celebrate, I’ve made the elusive ‘Sumbitch Cookies, that Lily and ‘the mother’, can’t stop inhaling on the train. And just like they rave about, the combo of peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate is lethal and totally addicting. Sumbitch!
I know on the train, the cookies are thin and crispy, but I just can’t go that route. We don’t like our cookies that way, plus the combination of flavors is what matters SO much more. And these cookies are perfection.
I’ll be making another batch come Monday night, and I highly recommend you do to!
A version of How I Met Your Mother's famous 'Sumbitch' Cookies, combining Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Caramel! Soft, chewy, and totally addicting!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 24 caramel stuffed chocolate candies (Either Rolos or Caramel Stuffed Hershey's Kisses)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together your butter and peanut butter. Add the sugars, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla, being sure to scrape down the sides to evenly incorporate.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mix on low until just combined.
- By hand, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, (I used a 1 1/2TB size) Scoop out dough and divide into two.
- Place an unwrapped caramel candy in the center of the dough, cover with the over half, sealing the sides, and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet two inches apart. Repeat process until dough is gone.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and rest for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!