Spicy, tender Salmon and crisp Peach Salsa are combined to make a refreshing summer taco! Top with a little spicy crema, and you’ve got one kick ass taco!
My brothers here visiting! Well, mostly he came to help us move, poor guy, we put him right to work. But even still, it’s so so great to see him. I’ve missed him like crazy. Im hoping he comes back soon so we can show him more of what WA has to offer instead of staring at the inside of a moving truck and lugging furniture and boxes up and down stairs.
For example, the salmon out here. If you know me at all, you know that I could live on salmon. Forever and ever. Mercury poisoning, what?? I don’t make it as frequently as I’d like because I’m the only one in my house that will go near it. As unfortunate as that is, it’s got it’s silver lining…I don’t have to share. muahahhaha.
My brother loves it though! Just about as much as I do. We usually start picking at the entire fillet with forks the minute it comes out of the oven or off the grill..who needs plates? SO when I moved out to the PNW, everyone was telling me how absolutely different the salmon is out here compared to Atlantic salmon. I sort of waved it off, because well, no real reason, I just didn’t think it could be that different.
It took me four months to try it, I know. And I was so wrong. It’s SO different, and sooooo amazing. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll never turn down a fillet when I’m in New England, but there is just something about that gorgeous, red piece of sockeye. It’s so tender, and smooth, like buttah, not to mention it retains such a beautiful color. I’m so in love, and now I buy it weekly. I can’t wait to introduce my brother to it, he’s going to go as nuts as I am.
Just about as nuts as I went over these salmon tacos. ohmy. The salmon is baked to perfection coated with a Cajun seasoning and splashed with a little lime juice, then it’s rolled up in a corn tortilla and topped with crispy, refreshing peach salsa, and I even drizzled a little spicy crema over the top of it, which literally, took this taco over the top!
These are just so so perfect. Definitely my most favorite taco all Summer. The spicy and cool combo is the best balance, and the flavors in here are mouthwatering. I dare you not to try these tacos before summer is over. You’ll regret it. 😉
Spicy, tender Salmon and crisp Peach Salsa are combined to make a refreshing summer taco! Top with a little spicy crema, and you've got one kick ass taco!
- 1 pound salmon (I used sockeye)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 a jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 peaches (I used one white and one yellow), diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Corn Tortillas
- Feta (optional)
- Spring Lettuce Mix or chopped romaine
- Hot Crema (optional, but highly recommended!) -1/4 cup sour cream, 3//4 teaspoon sriracha, 1 TB lime juice)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Put a piece of foil down on a baking sheet, and lay the salmon on top, skin side down.
- Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, and drizzle on the lime juice.
- Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until salmon easily flakes.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salsa.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the jalapeno, cilantro, peaches, lime juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Steam tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, while wrapped in a paper towel. Prepare additional desired toppings.
- When the salmon is done, allow it to cool for about five minuets before flaking it. The skin should stick to the foil, while the rest is easily removed.
- Assemble by laying in the salmon, followed by the peach salsa, and any additional toppings you choose. Enjoy!