We leave for Maine at the beginning of August, so we only have about a month left of our Summer in Washington! We’re filling our weekends with fun and trying to cross some things off our summer bucket list! Ive always wanted to have an outdoor movie night with the kids! So last weekend, we made it happen!
We picked a movie they hadn’t see yet, we watched The Lion King, the original, the boys LOVED it! They were up dancing around and laughed their butts off at timone and pumba! They watch The Lion Guard occasionally on Disney, so it was kinda fun explaining the difference to them!
So steps to the perfect outdoor movie night?
- have a fire and make s’mores before it gets to dark! We live in the PNW, where it stays light out until about 930-10:00 so we had to keep the kids busy for a couple hours after we put the little babe to bed! We sat around the fire and made s’mores and it was so nice to just have some time with the two older boys!
- have lots and lots of candy! & popcorn! We took the kids to the store that morning and let them pick out two types of candy each and then that night during the movie, let them just go to town! I kept pushing for more chocolate at the store, but they just werent having it…thennn, the chocolate was the first to go, what do you know? 😛
- set up lots of blankets and pillows and cushions and crawl and get snuggly with your kiddos because its the best thing ever when they snuggle into the crook of your arm or lay their head across your chest <3
- make yourself and your hubs a cocktail! I had a rose spritzer, my husband was all about the dark and stormy that night! But enjoy a little something for yourselves too 🙂
- get a projector, hook it up to a laptop and play that movie! hang a sheet if you don’t have access to a projector screen and that works just as good!
- optional, invite some friends and make it a party!
and that’s it! simple, easy, and a seriously amazing memory that your kids will not stop talking about (or asking to do again!)
what do you think? will you have an outdoor movie night with your kiddos this summer? you can check out our movie night below!