Movie nights (or afternoons, because if I’m being honest, my kids have a strict bedtime…for my sanity and all! 😉 ) are one of my favorite activities to do as a family. They’re fun, easy- we don’t have to get dressed, pack everyone into the car and go anywhere, laid back, and usually pretty tasty! (because lets be real, there’s no good movie night without snacks!)
This time of year especially, with all the grey, rainy days, we love to spend a Saturday afternoon lounging on the couch at home, with the kids, watching a fun movie!
My son and I will bake up come cookies, the boy looooves to be in the kitchen, and pop some popcorn (extra butter please!) then throw on a movie. But every once in awhile, we really love to kind of go all out and make some themed goodies!
My kids loved Hotel Transylvania, so I knew when we got the chance to see the second one, we would step it up a notch! Last weekend we did this while watching Hotel Transylvania 2, and it was so yummy & so fun!
They giggled their little butts off while snacking on some super tasty goodies! Here’s what our menu looked like:
- Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Pop up bowls…did you hear that? pop-up bowls! side note, one of my boys eats popcorn, literally, every single afternoon, and these are a lifesaver!
- Sweet & Salty Snack Mix (recipe at the bottom of this post! SO addicting!)
- Monster Cookies, you can find the recipe I used here!
- Mummy hot dogs, I followed this easy tutorial & just left out the cheese and added little eyes.
- Poison Apples, all I did for these was pop in wooden skewers, roll them in melted white chocolate melts, and then dip them in crushed oreos, easy as can be, and super tasty!
- For Drinks, these adorable glass bottles of Coca-Cola!
The movie comes out today, and if you purchase the movie night package listed below from Walmart within one transaction, snap a quick picture of your receipt, and upload it here by 2/9/16, you’ll receive a $10 VUDU movie code in your email. (While supplies last. Limit 1 per person.) How sweet is that? If you haven’t already, check out VUDU (& more fun movie night ideas), such an awesome service where you can rent or buy movies or television shows, so convenient! (& don’t forget to take advantage of the VUDU offer!)
- Orville Redenbacher 6 pack Movie Theater Popcorn
- MARS Milk Chocolate and Peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies 3.5oz canisters (tip: I found these up by the cash registers!)
- Coca-Cola 6-pack, 1/2-liter (Coca-Cola classic, Coke Zero, Diet Coke and Sprite)
- Hotel Transylvania 2
I made this sweet & salty snack mix in about ten minutes using the popcorn and M&M’S® Chocolate Candies that I purchased with the movie, and it was a total hit!
Are you excited about seeing Hotel Transylvania 2 with your family? How do you like to spend rainy Saturday afternoons with your kids!? I’m always looking for some more fun ideas!
Thanks for reading!