Hey guys! I’m so excited it’s the weekend, not because there’s anything exciting going on, and it wasn’t really a long week, but I was sick, and it’s just so nice to have my husband home, even more so during the holidays! This week on Five things Friday, I’m sharing one of the BEST gifts for any girl in your life, recent purchases & reviews, some things I’m excited about, my favorite thanksgiving day recipes – that I literally make every.single.year, and my 5 Favorite DIY gift ideas! Happy Friday! xo
The BEST gift idea
I’ve talked about it before but I need to say it again because, you guys, it truly is one of the BEST gift ideas! Popsugars Must Have Box, is delivered monthly and comes with some of the most beautiful, (like this gorgeous bracelet), fun, or tasty items! Here is a peek at Octobers box! This is such a great gift for a sister or best friend that you might not live close to! (You can pay monthly, or set up a three or six month subscription.) This beautiful Kendra Scott rose gold bracelet is my favorite pick from Novembers box, it’s even prettier in person! Use code SHOP5 for $5 off your first month, it really is so fun!
5 Recent Purchases
1. The most perfect Chloe Drew Dupe! I have always loved that gorgeous bag, but never in a million years would I (or could I!) dish out that kind of cash on a purse. So when I came across this beautiful dupe, for under $30, with free two day shipping, (amazon FTW!) I didn’t even hesitate. And you guys, the quality is excellent, it’s so beautiful, the perfect size, and ugh that gold chain is perfection. Its soo perfect, and it comes in three other colors too! (love the red & gold for the holidays!)
2. The most fun faux fur wine bag! I drink wine and that’s pretty much it as far as cocktails go this time of year, and it’s also my favorite hostess gift, or quick grab when going to a friend’s house last minute! So why not dress it up with one of these gorgeous bags! It adds a little something extra during the holidays, and whomever your bringing it too, can either keep it or use it the next time they need a quick gift! I picked up a couple, I had to keep one of myself after all! I mean, they’re only $8, you can’t go wrong! (p.s. click here for even more fun & pretty gifts under $25!)
3. Cutout booties! I’ve been wanting a pair, and love these ones a bunch! The color goes with so much, (I got the taupe!), they’re on the flatter side which is great for daily wear and running around with my kiddos! They’re also super comfy and under $50!
4. A rose gold wine opener! Because why not? It’s the holidays, everything should be prettier or sparklier!
5. These loafers! I mean, I’ve talked about these a few times, but they deserve another mention, because I’m still wearing the crap out of them! They go with so much, and I love them. I will say, the first time you wear them, I recommend walking around your house for a couple hours with a pair of socks to really break them in and soften the heel, but after that, they’re totally fine and wearable everywhere, all day!
5 Things I’m Excited About
1. My brother & his girlfriend are coming next week! I love having family visit, but even more so during the holidays, and I cannot wait to have them here for a week. It’s always been tradition to put up the tree and decorate it the couple days following thanksgiving, so it will be so, so great to have him here to do that with us! Just to have him here to hang out will be so fun!
2. I’ve tried my hand at making a couple videos for you guys recently, and I can’t wait to share! They’re super fun to do, so hopefully there will be more in the future, but I’m sharing the first one next week! Its about last minute thanksgiving style, which if you’re anything like me, could be helpful! 😉
3. We’re planning a little weekend trip in December. It’s something we’ve been wanting to do since we moved here three years ago, and it will be a surprise for the kids, but I know they’ll love it. Can’t wait!
4. Friendsgiving! We’re spending Thanksgiving with a bunch of our friends and all of our kids, and I couldn’t be more excited or grateful. I love having friends, that are pretty much family, to spend the holidays with!
5. Eggnog, Christmas movies, Christmas music, Christmas shopping… I mean, just ALL of it! I love watching Christmas movies at night (even the Hallmark ones!) with the glow of the tree and an eggnog in hand. I love working around the house during the day or driving around listening to Christmas music, and I LOVE the shopping! The crazy hustle and bustle of the holiday season at the stores and malls, it gives me a high and I love it! Craziness, I know. But I love the crowds and the decorations everywhere and the Christmas music playing in all the stores!
5 Favorite Thanksgiving Day Recipes
1. This green bean casserole, from scratch, & BACON. the best.
2. warm brussels sprouts & bacon!
3. The best stuffing ever! I never liked stuffing until I tried this..corn bread, brown butter, sage.. (&& you guessed it…bacon!)
4. the fluffiest, most amazing rolls!
5 Favorite DIY gifts
1. DIY Wine glasses..so easy, great for hostess gifts or if you’re having a Christmas party, label everyone’s glasses!
2. DIY Chalkboard Serving Tray..so easy! I might have to ask my hubs to make me one of these! 😉
3. DIY Photo Transfer Ornaments..I did these and made them into coasters a few years ago, gave them as gifts & made a set for myself, I still love them so much!
4. DIY Arm Knit Blanket…I wouldn’t be mad for a second if someone made me one of these! So gorgeous & cozy!
5. DIY Marbled Clay Ring Dish..so, sooo pretty!