Incredibly moist, super spiced, and flavorful Apple Spice Pumpkin Muffins!! The best of both my favorite parts of Fall!
Muffins! It’s such a perfect excuse to eat cake for breakfast…and I’ll take that excuse anytime! Although really I think that it’s just an excuse that I use for myself in my head, because I could actually eat cake for breakfast if I realllllly wanted too! #adultperks!
These muffins are a combination of two of my most favorite parts of Fall…apples & pumpkins! SO much flavor in these little nuggets of gold! And so moist, and spiced…and covered in streusel!
Can we even eat a muffin without streusel…the answer is NO. It would be like eating cake without frosting. Insanity. nonsense. Pointless. a waste! Can you tell I feel strongly about this? Because I do. Muffins need streusel like cake needs frosting.
These muffins are super quick and easy to throw together. I’m talking beginning to oven in 15 minutes or less. You don’t need anything except for a bowl and a whisk, and maybe a rubber spatula!
Stir together the wet ingredients, add in the dry ones, stir in the apples, bing bang boom. Then take about 3 minutes to throw the streusel together. Pop in the oven, cook and try really hard not to inhale them the minute they come out of the oven, you will probably burn your mouth..I know from experience.
Oh oh, and try not to drop the entire pan while pulling it out of the oven either, because they’ll crumble into a million pieces all over your oven before they have a chance to cool and set. And that is really not a fun mess to clean up! That might have happened to my first batch..
Let’s recap, must have streusel, don’t drop the pan, cool before burning your mouth, but definitely make these! Your house will smell ahhhhmazing, and they’ll taste just as fantastic!
Incredibly moist, super spiced, and flavorful Apple Pumpkin Muffins!!
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together the sugars, butter, and apple sauce. Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flours, apple pie spice, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda, powder, and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula stir the dry ingredients into the wet, and then fold in the diced apple.
- To make the streusel, in a food processor, add the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and oats. Pulse a few times.
- Slowly add the butter in, in small cubes, and pulse until the crumble comes together.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 the way up, and sprinkle on some streusel.
- Pop the muffins in the oven for 5 minutes at 400°, then turn the temp down to 350° for an additional 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to cool.