Homemade KIND Bars rival the version of the oh so good, but hard to come by, Almond Cashew Coconut Chai KIND Bars! These bars are so tasty, good for you, and come together easily and quickly, a perfect daily snack!
With bikini season around the corner, Ive really cleaned up my diet. I mean, my baby was about 6 months old when I started to realize I hadn’t started even trying to lose my baby weight yet and I was still eating bag after bag of peanut butter m&m’s… (insert monkey covering eyes emoji) But that was two months ago, and I’ve come a little ways since then. I mean, I definitely have a long way to go, but I’m really happy with how things are moving along.
One of my biggest tips for success is having healthy snacks on hand. (These cashew coconut protein bites are another one I always keep stocked!) This is a MUST for me because I’m a snacker by nature, and nut bars imparticular really help with that afternoon slump (that and my daily iced coffee… ha!)
I meal prep on Sunday, just quick and easy things, a few overnight oats, a couple chia seed puddings, maybe a large kale salad-great to top with chicken, throw into a wrap, or just eat as a side dish, usually some grilled chicken, and always some sort of nut bar.
A couple years ago, I made these Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars, which were a copycat of the tasty Kashi ones, and those were on repeat for awhile! They’re also one of my most popular recipes! (With good reason, they’re seriously good!) Lately though, I’ve been obsessing over KIND Bars!
These almond coconut cashew chai bars are a perfect snack! Have you tried the KIND version? They’re heaven, but unfortunately, really hard to come by. You can only get them on their website or at starbucks, which was kind of a pain. But no more! I knew I was going to recreate them, they’re so, so easy, quick (done in less than 30 minutes!) and really stinkin delicious! I love these bars!
Now you can make your own homemade kind bars and have a stash on hand for the week. Throw a few in your purse, keep one in your car or diaper bag, they’re a snack you can feel good about!
A copycat version of the oh so good, but hard to come by, Almond Cashew Coconut Chai KIND Bars! These bars are so tasty, good for you, and come together easily and quickly, a perfect daily snack!
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, slightly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole cashews, slightly chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup puff rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a baking pan with parchment or just spray it well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almonds, cashews, coconut, and puffy cereal. Sprinkle on the spices and toss it all together.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the honey and vanilla. Stirring frequently, cook for about 5 minutes. It will begin to bubble after the first couple minutes, just keep stirring.
- Remove from the heat right about the 5-6 minute mark, pour over the nut mix, and working quickly, stir it all together, being sure to scrape the bottom for any spices that settled. It will begin to harden pretty fast, so stir quick so you're sure to coat everything.
- Immediately pour it into the prepared pan, using your hands or well greased spatula, spread it out and push it down well, you want it to be compact.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into bars. Enjoy!
To store, wrap individually in plastic wrap, and keep them in an airtight container.