This amazing, rich Macaroni and Cheese is loaded with tangy Pumpkin Beer and creamy, spiced, Pumpkin Puree!
I’m clearly loving all things Pumpkin right now, (have you tried the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle Candle from Bath and Body Works? ohmygahhhhh), and it was absolutely killing me, (no I’m not being dramatic) that I moved so far from a Trader Joe’s that I couldn’t get my hands on the Pumpkin Body Butter!! I keep hearing rave reviews and I thought I was going to miss it. Wahhh. BUT this AMAZING world of blogging has introduced me to some of the greatest friends, and a couple have offered to mail me some. If it’s possible to send out a virtual hug, they getting a HUGE one from me. I feel so lucky!
In other news. My husband hit a deer, with our brand new 3 month old car. Wahh. I love this car so much, its like my 3rd baby. Yes, I am one of thooooose. I’m really bummed. (Obviously HE is okay if I’m complaining about the car.)
So! Pumpkin Beer Macaroni & Cheese…not just Pumpkin Flavored Beer, that too, but an actual full can of pumpkin puree. It’s insane. I made this a couple times for game days, and it’s always a hit. People love it. I will say, you must like the tang of beer to really, fully enjoy this, because you definitely taste it. The pumpkin shines through as well, it’s definitely not hidden. The combination of the beer, and the pumpkin, and all.that.cheeeese, oh its utter, creamy, perfection. Do this.
Pumpkin Beer Macaroni and Cheese
This amazing, rich Mac and Cheese is loaded with tangy Pumpkin Beer and creamy, spiced, Pumpkin Puree!
- 8 cups dry elbows
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Flour
- 4 cups milk
- 24 ounces pumpkin flavored beer
- 24 ounces (10 cups) Freshly grated Extra Sharp Cheddar
- 2 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- Fill a large pot with water and cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Only cook until al dente, you don't want to overcook it, because the beer cheese sauce will cook them further.
- In a separate large pot, over medium-high heat, add the butter. Cook until melted and bubbling.
- Whisk in the flour, creating a roux, until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beer and milk, whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer and add the cheeses.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, continue stirring 4-5 minutes until cheese is fully melted and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in the cayenne and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and cook 3-4 minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Strain your pasta, and pour it into a large pan. Pour the beer cheese sauce on top and mix into the pasta.
- Optional--you can add some panko bread crumbs on top if you like some crunch. We prefer it creamy!
- Cover the pan with tin foil and Pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool. If the sauce still seems soupy, don't fret! As it sits, it thickens and absorbs into the pasta. Enjoy!
This make a HUGE amount. Perfect size for a large get together or party! Feel free to cut this recipe in half for your family!
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!
Highly adapted from How Sweet It is
Come join Mac and Cheese Mania at Rachel Cooks and Nutmeg Nanny sponsored by Door to Door Organics and OXO – Win prizes!