Mouthwatering breakfast tostadas loaded with salty kielbasa, spicy salsa, two different cheese, and a fried egg…topped off with a drizzle of hot sauce to take it over the top!
Hi. Meet my new favorite breakfast. I want to eat it every single day…forever. It’s just that good.
Most of my life, I was never a big breakfast eater. I also loathed eggs with a passion. Thank the lord I’m passed all that non-sense because where would I be without brunch? & mimosas? & meals like these life changing tostadas? Its not to dramatic..I swear.
salty kielbasa? check.
spicy salsa? check.
two different cheeses? check.
fried egg? check.
hot sauce? check.
quick & easy? check. check.
These little beauties were totally a last minute decision, but the second they popped into my head, I knew I had to make it happen, and you know what? They turned out even better than I planned, and they really are so easy and so quick. I pulled these together in just under 30 minutes.
The salsa takes a mere two minutes to make, but if you’re in the mood to be super lazy, you could use a store-bought jar salsa..but it might not be the same. just sayin’. If you don’t like fried eggs, I know the yolk freaks some people out, you could scramble them and eat these like tacos..mmm still crisp up that tortilla though!
However you make these happen, just make em’. This weekend, stay in your pj’s til noon, pop a bottle of champagne, and enjoy this mouthwatering brunch with you and your someone special!
Kielbasa Breakfast Tostadas
Mouthwatering breakfast tostadas loaded with salty kielbasa, spicy salsa, two different cheese, and a fried egg...topped off with a drizzle of hot sauce to take it over the top!
- 14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- small handful cilantro,a bout 1/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt
- small pinch of cayenne
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 14 ounces kielbasa, diced small
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup monterrey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- cooking spray
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all the ingredients in the salsa and pulse until no longer chunky.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and green peppers, toss and cook until the begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the diced kielbasa to the mix, and cook until browned on all sides, and releasing its juices. The onions and peppers should be nice and soft by this point too. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat a large griddle to 350° Spray with cooking spray. Place on all the tortillas, and cook until golden brown and crispy, then flip and repeat.
- Spray more cooking spray if necessary, and cook your eggs however you like them, I fried ours, and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- To assemble: Place the tortillas on a plate, top with kielbasa mix, the salsa, monterrey jack cheese, an egg, a sprinkle of cotija cheese, and a drizzle of hot sauce if you desire, our favorite is cholula. And, enjoy!
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!