My brain is completely out of it today..I’m beyond exhausted. We just switched our bed sheets over to our ‘winter sheets’ and they’re soo soft and warm, its like being wrapped in a cocoon. If I didn’t have the sweetest little face kissing me, and resting his cheek against mine or those cute little fingers pulling at me to get up, I would have stayed in bed all day..thank goodness for sweet boys with lots of energy or Id be a complete flop today. (More than I already am)
Anyhoo..Ive decided to join in on Five things Friday and just share with you a few random thoughts and things I’m loving lately. Maybe Ill do this every Friday? Maybe just when my brain is mush..anyway..have a great weekend! 🙂
1. Pumpkin Cheesecake Lip Balm…so yummy! I’m dying to try the Caramel Apple as well! I love chap-stick, I have about 25,000 of them floating around my house, purse, and car. They’re my fav!
2. I read this really wonderful post the other day about being a stay-at-home-mom. It really hit home because I am constantly thinking every day about how I can be a better mother. Even more-so with this other little guy on the way, I get nervous and scared about how I’m going to share my time and energy. A newborn takes up so much of your time..between the 2 hour feedings, pooplosions, constant care, etc etc, and I am really not ready to sacrifice all this time with my little man, (who is such a mommas boy, and has serious attachment issues. don’t judge.) I’m just not ready to give it all up, so I wonder every day how I can be a better mom, especially with two. Good thing I have two months to work it out 🙂 But if you’re a SAHM, you should check out this post over at Pretty, Witty, and Cheerful..she makes me feel a little better 🙂
3. Want to know how we’re spending our weekend? Making a DIY Ottoman from an old coffee table we picked up. I ordered the material, and foam, it all finally came in the mail this week..so project, here we come!
4. Can someone please tell me why crib bedding is so gosh darn expensive? I mean really? Is that so necessary? And unlike this woman, and her absolutely beautiful crib bedding, I don’t have the creative bone or the sewing capabilities, (nor the time) to make such a wonderful crib set at home! But at an average of $180 for a crib set..that they sleep in for approximately a year and a half..its ridiculous! I just can’t justify it. (Thank you for listening to today’s rant!)
5. Ohh on a sweet note..will someone please make and deliver this to my house this afternoon? I would be forever grateful. Please? Okay, thanks!