Do you like country music? I’m currently watching the ACM’s..I DVR’d them the other night and am finally catching up..seriously, what did people do before there was a dvr?! Oh, Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan are sexy. very sexy. Clearly I’m a huge fan of country music..much to my hubs dismay. Every time we get into the car he changes the stations on me..hes a hater. But he’s used to it by now..I’m a lover.
I’ve mentioned before how before I got pregnant I never liked cookies, at all. And I hardly every ate any candy or sweets. (Seriously, trying to lose this baby weight, and I wish I still had that problem) However, now, I can’t get enough of it. The texture, the thousands of flavor combinations, the sweetness, the dough, basically if I could live off cookies I would.
I have a serious problem with portion control, I have a hard time stopping at just one or two..especially with the incredibly wonderful and addictive ones. Much like these Espresso Caramel Coconut Dark Chocolate Cookies…that’s a mouthful, huh?! I didn’t want to leave any of the major components out of the title, because every part is so incredible by itself, and then combined, woo..out.of.this.world.
I made these cookies awhile back and am really wishing I had some right now to munch on..they are so full of flavors and so fantastic! They’re soft and chewy, chocolatey, and loaded with a few of my favorite fillings!
Espresso Caramel Coconut Dark Chocolate Cookies
Espresso, Caramel, Coconut, and Dark Chocolate come together to make the most delectable cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces espresso, cooled (or really strong coffee)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup caramels bits
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, and espresso.
- Melt a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over a double boiler and mix into wet ingredients.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir on low until almost combined.
- Stir in the caramels, coconut, and remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to a cool rack. Enjoy!
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!
Bring your favorite chocolate dessert to Roxana’s home baking #chocolateparty and win amazing prizes from OXO, Calphalon, Keurig, Imperial Sugar, Honey Ridge Farms and Land O Lakes® Butter