Spring is here..its been warm enough every day for over a week to be outside without a coat and with cropped pants..that’s Spring here in New England..aside from the constant rain…it better stinkin’ bring May flowers this year..I need a good Summer! I am in full blown Summer mode already..I wish I could go shopping and replace my entire closet..how fun would that be?! Shopping Spree anyone?
So since I have a lot of dresses to fit into in the upcoming months, not to mention a darn bathing suit….after having a baby..bleh..I have been trying to eat a little lighter..Trying being the key word there. I love breakfast Frittatas! They’re so quick and easy, and the ingredients are SO interchangeable based on what is in your fridge! I love when I can make a breakfast and everyone gets to sit down at the same time to eat! I feel like so many times, one of us is still standing there pouring more waffle batter, buttering another toast, cooking another egg..etc. I love any kind of meal that we get to sit down together!
This Frittata went so fast! The flavor combination is perfect! And its SO healthy! It is full of delicious goodness and will hold you over for a long time! Make a frittata friends!
One last thing..come back tomorrow for a sweet, sweet giveaway!! 😉 You don’t want to miss it!
Eggwhite and Feta Frittata
Wonderful flavors such as bacon, tomatoes, feta, and more, in every bite of this heart healthy and scrumptious egg white frittata!
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 slices turkey bacon, chopped (Or regular bacon if you so desire!)
- 2 Tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 8 large egg whites
- 2-3 Tablespoons skim milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces freshly crumbled Feta cheese
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat
- Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp. 5-6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Add the the drippings the minced onion and garlic. Cook until soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the halved grape tomatoes and frozen spinach. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover until spinach is completely wilted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, skim milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Take a 9 inch pie dish, and lay down the vegetable mixture so that it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Add on an even layer of all the cooked bacon.
- Pour in the beaten egg whites.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta all across the top.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the center is set.
- Remove, slice and enjoy!
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!