It’s been awhile since Ive blogged about food! Ive missed it, though I dont have the kind of time I used to, I cooking and creating recipes is still something that Im totally in love with! In this season of life, between school, sports, adding a 3rd handsome babe to our bunch and all of lifes craziness, cooking is just not something I have much time for, something had to give and this was it, but I still love it when I get the chance!
Don’t get me wrong, we still eat homemade dinners every night of the week. I do tons of meal prep on Sundays, always cooking lots of chicken, chopping veggies, chia pudding, overnight oats, etc., healthy options to grab throughout the week!
This dish was easy to throw together, healthy, and so tasty so I had to grab some quick pictures and share in case anyone else is looking for some good bikini friendly dinners! 😛
We’ve become a huge fan of cauliflower rice lately, I know I’m a little late to that bandwagon, but better late than never, right?! It’s such a great option when you’re trying to cut down on the carbs, and I found myself not even missing the rice in this fajita bowl at all!
You can top it with whatever you like! I chose some avocado slices, cilantro, tomatoes, and an extra dose of lime juice! Enjoy!
Chicken Fajita Bowl (gluten-free, paleo)
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 jar organic salsa or make your own!
- 1 head, shredded or 16 oz bag
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 2 TB coconut milk
- 1 TB unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 lime zested
For the bowls
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- avocado slices or guacamole
- tomato slices
- lime wedges
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, pour in the salsa, and cook on low for about 4 1/2 hours, until easily shredded.
- For the cauliflower rice, heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the jalapeno and saute for about a minute, until fragrant then add the cauliflower and toss together.
- Cover for about 5-7 minutes, stirring it occasionally. Then remove the cover, stir in the coconut milk and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut flakes and zest. Serve with fresh lime juice squeeze on top.
- In a separate skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the onions, peppers, and cumin and saute until slightly softened, but still crispy. (I like to turn the heat up all the way at the very end to try to get a little char to them, but that's totally personal preference!)
- Serve the chicken and peppers over the cauliflower rice and top with your desired toppings. Enjoy!
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!