First of all…Ive said it, but Ill say it again! The weather is SUPERBUOUS up here! So good, that we lit up the grill for the first time this season last night, and I could not have been happier!! Not only did we light up the grill, but my little man and I actually got to hang out outside while my hunny grilled us up some steak, asparagus, and baked potatoes! (We even go to take our little man to the park!) It was glorious! I’m ecstatic about this weather and look forward to many, many more grilled dinners!
Now onto this deliciousness!! SO SORRY about the photos..I made this Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Lemon Pepper Pappardelle for dinner one night with zero intention of blogging about it, it was totally on a whim, while we were in a rush. THEN I tasted it. Oh.em.gee. It was so freaking delicious! I HAD to take crappy pictures just to share this with you!
The combination of the Brussels sprouts with the chicken and citrus white wine sauce was to.die.for. It was so easy too! It only took me about 20 minutes start to on the table! You want this! Easy Peasy! And SO GOOD! Happy Hump Day!
Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Lemon Pepper Pappardelle
- 1 large chicken breast, cubes
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounce bag lemon pepper pappardelle pasta, cooked according to instructions
- Shaved Asiago
- Olive Oil
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add about a teaspoon of olive oil. Toss in the cubed chicken and Mediterranean seasoning, cook through and set aside.
- Heat a separate skillet with taller edges on medium heat. Pour in a teaspoon of olive oil. Toss in the quartered Brussels sprouts, and coat.
- Add the minced garlic and ground ginger. Cook until the Brussels sprouts turn a bright green, about five minutes.
- Whisk in the cornstarch, add the chicken broth and white wine, whisking until mixed. Bring to a simmer. Add the cooked chicken.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, allowing the wine to cook off, about ten minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Serve and top with shaved asiago cheese.
This delicious recipe brought to you by Fabtastic Eats!